August 29, 2008

graduation

buddah head from seoul national museum



We're done!

The SMOE teachers of Fall 2008 have finally received their assignments! I've beeen assigned to Bongwon Middle School in the Dongjak district, near Seoul University. It's not the most ideal place, but it's only a few stops from Gangnam and it's also off of the green line which encircles the center of Seoul. We've spent this whole week not knowing where we were assigned and the stress from being confined on this campus was released in full force tonight. It seems that beer was the beverage of choice as the ban was lifted for tonight. Korea is a drinking country. So much so, that we were warned of it during our orientation. Tonight, everyone had a bit of Korean culture exercise.
Tomorrow we are dropped off in our respective districts and our co-teacher and principal will pick us up and take us to our apartments. I can't wait to set up my pictures, unpack my clothes and arrange my furniture. If you fancy a trip to Korea, let me know!

3 comments:

psychedelic said...

Nice, now I have someone whom I can rely on for the "fun" part when I arrive in Korea next summer. I never got to enjoy the Gangnam experience cause we lived in the less developed "Gangbook" area.

Unknown said...

MORE BLOGS MORE BLOGS!

wow next to seoul university?? PARTY CENTRAL BABY!!

grantqueen said...

Totally missing you here at World Vision. Your "innapropriate" present is on my key chain so I think about you and "Jesus Juice" a lot. Randall, Mark and I are here in the office slaving away on two proposals. Rebecca is off to Georgia. Christine is still on vacation and by some weird circumstance, Mitsi is not working late today. Really glad to hear that you finally have a placement and are getting ready to be the "Fun Ms. Kye." Later. PS. Heather went to that Korean spa out in Centerville and loved it!