October 11, 2008

Nature



Today, I took a much needed, alone time hike on the mountain next to my home. It's called Umyonsan and it's a tiny mountain, more of a hill. There are tons of trails that lead to other trails and somehow it's all connected. It's exciting to know that I'll prowl these trails and explore the mountain for the next year. I hope that by the end of my time here, Umyonsan and I will be good friends.


I find that it's a hit or miss when it comes to friendliness with Koreans. Sometimes, they'll completely ignore you, especially when you ask them to take a picture. Other times, they'll go on and on, and on and on and on. Overly helpful, but quite amusing. When I reached the top of Umyonsan, I found a group of elderly men resting. I asked them which route would take me back down. I was pointed towards five different directions accompanied by five different monologues on where the trails would take me. I had to hold in my laughter as I randomly chose the faithful road that would lead me home.
I forgot the mention that in the morn, I will go bungee jumping. I realize it's a bit morbid, but I've written out a draft of my will. Must always prepare for the unprepare-able!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice hops!

do you play basketball?