April 20, 2011

silver white winters that melt into springs...

I have a secret. Despite the aloof exterior, those closest to me know how soft I am on the inside. We're talking soft as the creme filling in a fatty, sugary, deliciousy donut. Soft as the wispys of a young dandelion. Soft. But that's not my secret.

My secret is to be loved. An all.encompassing kind of love. To be loved to a point where you feel lifted but grounded, inspired but honest, protected but free. Where two people truly accept one another, as they are, as they will be.

Sometimes I wonder if ever I'll experience it. It's a thought that both saddens me and gives me hope. Never sure of what the future holds, for now, with the aid of Maria, I'll settle for some of my favorite things...

...raindrops on roses, laughing from the depths of my stomach, whiskers on kittens, a warm wind in my face, bright copper kettles, a good, redolent brew of coffee, warm woolen mittens, surprises from loved ones...

No comments: