March 28, 2009

if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you?


Think Dwight Schrute. Question: What doesn't fit in the picture above? Answer: The girl on the far left. At my age, 25 in America, 27 in Korea, people get to talking about the all-important topic of marriage. In the picture above, three are currently married and three plan to clip on the ball and chain this summer. My junior year in college, I roomed with six other girls, five of whom are currently married with one tying the knot this summer. I mean, are you serious?

When I was twelve, I declared to the world (or to those who would listen), that I would never get married. At sixteen, basketball was my only concern and still marriage was off radar. The college years melted the walls of these reservations. Early twenties had me believing that perhaps marriage was inevitable after all. Now...

Now... all I can think about is being the best teacher I can be, clumsily learning guitar tabs and finding as many ways to laugh as hard as my stomach will allow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heyy
that third girl from the right is cute! whats her name??

you tutor everynight?
do you get good money from tutoring? me and mish should go to korea for 1 yr... we should... i would be an awesome teacher!! i would TOTALLY be the coolest rockstar at your school... sigh...