March 25, 2009

beeswax


If you keep up with bees, you know that there's been a decline in their population over the past few years. This has nothing to do with what I am about to share, except for the elementary phrase "busy as a bee."

My days are spent in school. My status has been elevated from reality show celebrity to bonafide rockstar. Since the whole school knows me now, I am showered with salutations in high-pitched, giggly voices. "오! 린다다! 하이! 하이!" "Oh! It's Linda! Hiiiii!" I can't say I hate it.

Every weeknight is spent tutoring. I tutor a middle-aged man and a fifth grade girl. I get both ends of the spectrum as one talks about going shopping for Louis Vuitton bags with his wife and the other tells me the stringent rules of playground hierarchy.

I don't get home till 9:00PM at the earliest and I feel overwhelmingly exhausted. Yet, there's a sense of a day well spent when my head hits my pillow at night. And fortunately, I can quite easily and honestly say that I get up in the morning looking forward to the present day. I believe the monotony of these weeks are contrary to my personality, but it's given me a measure of peace.

It probably helps that I have seasons 1-4 of The Office waiting for me at home each night.

On a side note, I'm trying to get back into Twitter. If Shaq does it, it must be the cool thing to do.

No comments: