May 8, 2009

a dream is a wish your heart makes...

Our school is doing a campaign to raise money for this organization that will give the money to developing countries. Basically, you put your change into this little plastic bank for a month, and contribute the change to the school. In doing so, students were encouraged to write letters to the organization and their beneficiaries. One student showed me her letter which she had written in English. I thought it worthwhile to share:

Hi, I’m Yea-seul who live in Korea.
A few years ago our country was very poor too. Also, we were attracted by Japan and we went to war with North Korea. But we progressed a lot as help as you. I know how much are hurt. But cheer up!
We’ll help all of you with our devotion.
We have difference skin color and we use difference language but we can interact each other. I promise I will go to there to help in the future. I wish I want to be a English translator and information Korea around the world. What is you dream? Don’t lose your dream although you are poor. I aren’t good at English but I’ll try hard so I wish you’ll get hope. Don’t blame yourself for the bad situation. Everything will be ok.
Though anything is going to happen, you have to be happy and healthy. Cheer up! I’ll pray for you.

No comments: