March 7, 2011

green grass

Why is it that you always want what you can't have? While spending a lovely two weeks at home, I couldn't wait to come back to Corea. Now, it seems that I'm longing for home... but I know that this must be a transition period... it must be.

I forgot how much life another person brings into the household. Living under the same roof as my mother and sister reminded me just how important it is to have that daily interaction with the people you love. Between the stress of a new home, moving, cleaning and organizing, I feel much more alone here. I find myself finding every excuse to be around living, breathing bodies, whether they be familiar or unknown. I call my friends for company any chance I get. I lose myself in the crowds of the city, hoping to feel some comfort or connection with strangers.

Perhaps it's just a passing moment of weakness as I try to adjust to a new job and new neighborhood. Perhaps it's a period of growing and learning. Perhaps I need to get a pet. Perhaps I need to go back to America. Whatever the reason, the feeling, the mood, I hope it passes soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo KYE!

the other day, noah was like 'weah iz inda eemooo'

O_O;;