November 6, 2010

letter to your dreams

day five.

dear dreams,

where have you all been? i remember cherishing you dearly, holding you close to my heart. i remember never fearing of failure, never afraid to share you with the world.

at some point i realized that there are some things that are impossible. there are some things that can never be. it saddened me. i cast you aside and convinced myself that i had new dreams. more realistic dreams. attainable dreams.

i just turned a year older, and the past few years have taught me that although not all dreams are attainable, they should never, ever, ever be thrown into the attics of our lives. i learned that my dreams have meaning, hold honesty and carry the roots of my thoughts and desires. never should i bury them away or scoff at myself. in doing so, i'm hurting my own wants and needs.

dreams, i'm dreaming you up again. i'm finding hope in you and in myself as well. dreams, come back to me and walk with me down this path. i will be stronger this time. i won't reject or rebuff you. stay with me this time around.


-linda

No comments: