February 21, 2012

don't settle


Adele is a sensation. She's simply fantastic. That face. Those eyes. That voice. Heavenly.


I wonder how much we're willing to sacrifice for love. As time tacks another year onto my age, I realize that so many of my peers that are yet to be married are slowly, but surely settling for the closest best thing. My mom once told me that all of us need to experience heartbreak at least once in our lives. I believe it's true. Granted, there are two roads available after heartbreak. One is to shut your heart completely, and allow yourself to become bitter and unavailable to trust... or love again. The other is to learn from that heartbreak. Learn to love more honestly, to love more deeply, and to love more sincerely. I hope that I've taken that second road. I also hope that I never settle for the material.monetary.pragmatic things that weigh us down more and more as we get older. I hope my heart remains open to the impractical and irrational love that often seems to be reserved for immature and naive youth.

[red ribbons and lights make for a cozy mood in a coffee shop on a winter day]






[i hope to age as naturally and gracefully as possible]






[long]






[sinfully scrumptious]



[table decor]

1 comment:

paul said...

"you cannot lose if u do not play the game". i hope to play.