May 21, 2012

what you make it


now isn't that the truth?
On my way to the office every morning, I walk by this bench:
I've glanced at in a few times, and always in my mind, mocking the apparent cheesiness of such a "love seat." The other morning, a teenage girl ran by me and stopped in front of this bench. She laughed delightedly, clapping her hands together with pleasure. Her wide and deep set eyes crinkled with enchantment and her jutting lower jaw curled up into a mirthful smile. Gargling slightly, she clapped her hands again and then made that motion that so many of us jaded folks (yours truly included) view with arrogant disdain: she curved her arms above her head, bringing her fingertips together, shaping a heart. This girl was utterly charmed by this "love seat" that I looked down on. At that moment, I felt nothing but shame.

In our everyday lives, we're undoubtedly bombarded with the hideous events of the world, but still, there are people who strive to bring beauty to life. The architect for this steel bench, with its obvious message of love, is one such person.

So, I embrace the message of the architect and the joy of the girl. Maybe it's because it's spring, but love is in the air.


best friends

life inside quizno's

vanity

1 comment:

DuVäl Reynolds said...

Your blogs bring beauty to life! =)

(how cheesy is that. especially coming from ME)

Yay! You rock!