May 16, 2013

childhood

"well, there is a name... for her condition. it's called a childhood phase. and sadly, it's something she'll grow out of."  - dr.dorian, charlotte's web


I've been back at school for about three months now. I've been in Corea for almost five years. It's astounding how time guides you through the seconds of your life without you even realizing it until... well, five years later.
Some have told me that I've become more cynical since setting up camp here. I told myself that these bleary-eyed innocents could not comprehend the rational and sensible realism that I was living in. Scoffing at their sentiments, I believed through my eyes I saw the world candidly, conscientiously, scrupulously.
Yet life has unforeseen if not fated lessons for each of our lives that somehow are taught in deliberate, if not sometimes painful ways. These lessons manifest in both the big and the small, the obscure and the obvious, the dark and the light.
Unsurprisingly, I believe my lesson of the moment is being taught at school. The enthusiasm and energy brought on by young, inquisitive minds is enough to jolt one back into a sort of innocent frenzy of creativity. The work is tiring. The hours are arduous. The body is fatigued. Yet, the past three months have been rejuvenating.
The creative juices are slowly starting to flow again. And hopefully, a childhood phase is something we can grow back into.

robot

stroll


plop

question

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I thought we were still in the childhood phase ;)

Love you sister, whether you are cynical or not...which I don't think you are really ^^

#alwayslovedyourwriting

<3